CoronaVirus Can last up to 4 days on some surfaces!!!
The novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19 is a close relative of SARS and, according to the World Health Organization, likely has a similar lifespan on surfaces.
Here’s a rundown of how long COVID-19 is estimated to live on other surfaces:
- Plastered wall: 36 hours
- Formica (the laminate material on countertops): 36 hours
- Plastic: 72 hours
- Stainless steel: 72 hours
How can you avoid touching a surface with the novel coronavirus on it?
If you are someone who ventures out in the world daily, there is no definite way to avoid touching a surface that has been touched by the novel coronavirus, which is why it’s important to be cautious throughout the day.
Here are a few tips for commuters:
- Wash your hands whenever you arrive at your destination.
- Wipe down your phone as soon as possible.
- Wipe down your bag as soon as possible.
- Wear disposable gloves when using public transportation or going shopping.
- Clean counter and table surfaces daily.
How can you clean surfaces that may have been touched by COVID-19?
You can be safe by cleaning the surfaces around you, even if you don’t suspect that they have become infected.
Apple recommends cleaning your phone with a slightly damp microfiber cloth and soap, but baby or face wipes are also a viable option. A solution of half water and half rubbing alcohol will also do the trick, but make sure to avoid any openings in your phone with this technique.
to have your home of office cleaned.